The Chadron Innovation Fund (the “Fund”) is formed to support idea-stage projects in and around the City of Chadron, Nebraska. The Fund will make awards to support novel ideas, applied research, potential products, nascent services and creative projects that if successful, will lead to community improvement and betterment. To receive funding, projects must demonstrate a potential path to subsequent financial support, new company formation, licensing, not-for-profit partnering or other channels to enable translation. The Foundation is seeking innovative projects that could lead to new products or services that will have a positive impact on society, including:
• Demonstrating the feasibility of an idea or innovation for a commercial or social venture;
• Developing a working software or device prototype;
• Obtaining supporting evidence or proof-of-concept for new ideas;
• Developing new applications or markets for a technology under development; or
• Creative projects that might lead to professionally produced content.